In case you are not familiar with it, Affiliate Marketing is an Internet based practice wherein advertisers, websites or service providers to offer incentives to their affiliates in the form of commissions, payment or reimbursement. These incentives are given for every action carried out by the affiliate. The actions can be in the form of clicks, sales, registration, or completion. It is also a practice that enables affiliate marketers to earn money without having to create their own products or services.
There are a number of affiliate networks that provide payment to their members. You can join most of them but before you start earning money on Amazon, it is important for you to make sure that you join only the one that is most suitable for your business needs. In order to ensure that you get the right commission, there are some things that you need to know and consider before joining an affiliate program on Amazon. These are:
– You have to refer Amazon products or services to your affiliate link. The process is known as “referral”. Amazon does not pay affiliate marketers for any action that they carry out. However, if you want to make money through affiliate marketing on Amazon, you have to make sure that you are getting a commission on every sale that you send to their site. And to receive this commission, you need to pay an agreed upon referral fee.
– There is an “Adidas” cookie window. This is used by many affiliate links. When a user of your website clicks on the Adidas cookie window, it redirects the user to another website where your earnings can be taken. This cookie window can be found at the bottom of the page where your visitor land after clicking on the Adidas cookie window.
– If you want to make sure that your traffic on Amazon is targeted, you have to keep track of where your visitors came from and where they went afterwards. The information provided will be required when you check out your affiliate links’ statistics. These statistics will show you the affiliate links that brought in your traffic. And when you promote certain affiliate products on Amazon, it will also tell you which ones were clicked on the most. You will also know the number of people who viewed your advertisement and went ahead and made purchases.
– Amazon offers two types of affiliate accounts; an authorized gateway and a standard affiliate account. With the authorized gateway, you can make product recommendations and have the benefits of an exclusive network whereas with the standard affiliate account, you can have all the advantages of an open portal. You can create product recommendations either by emailing your associates or by posting it on your affiliates activity stream. Your associates activity stream will show you the people who have visited or shopped your page since last month.
– Amazon provides its own social media page for affiliates. You can use this page to promote your affiliate links and let your associates have a look at what you are offering. As you market through social media, there are chances of getting potential customers hooked to your affiliate offers.
If you want to make money through affiliate marketing with Amazon, then you need to make sure you have all the relevant tools and resources. A high quality website is essential for this type of business. After all, you cannot promote just any product on the internet if you do not have sufficient customer base. The best thing to do is start with a quality website and do proper search engine optimization (SEO) to gain higher rankings in the search engines. Promote your website on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to let more people know about your offers.