If you’re looking for a free affiliate marketing opportunity, then Amazon might be a good place to start. Amazon is one of the largest online retailers and sells products from hundreds of suppliers. There are many different ways to make money on Amazon. You can sell physical items, offer Amazon’s Associate program, or become an affiliate marketer for other companies. There are no membership fees, which makes it a favorite among beginners.
Before getting started with Amazon, you’ll need to sign up as an associate. This will give you access to all the tools and resources Amazon offers. Once signed up, you can now promote any product on Amazon. The most popular affiliate marketing programs on Amazon include the following:
* Amazon Associates – This program is easy to get started with. Simply choose the category in which you want to sell items, add the link to your website, and begin selling. For more advanced Amazon affiliate program strategies, such as blog posting, you’ll need to sign up for the Amazon Professional Blogger account. The basic blog software is included free with every account. It includes blog software for blog publishing, affiliate link builder, and domain name hosting.
* Download Detailed Curriculum – When you sign up for Amazon’s Associate program, you will receive a download document with all the required materials to get started with Amazon. This will include a video, PDF file, and worksheet. Most products have an orientation session where you get to see the step by step process to setting up an Amazon business. There’s also a referral link provided on the download page that you can use to earn commissions on sales.
* Download Detailed Curriculum – When you sign up for Amazon’s Associate program, you will also receive a download document with all the necessary materials to get started with Amazon. This will include a video, PDF file, and worksheet. Most products have an orientation session where you get to see the step by step process to setting up an Amazon business. There’s also a referral link provided on the download page that you can use to earn commissions on sales.
* Download Detailed Curriculum – To start with, an affiliate program is just a business. Therefore, you won’t earn commissions on sales without customers. To get started, you must make sure you have your website or blog. Once you have your site built, the next step is to register for the Amazon affiliate program.
* Follow the Affiliate Program Guidelines – Each and every Amazon affiliate marketing program has their own guidelines that you need to follow. The most common guideline that you’ll come across is the “do this, not that” philosophy. When an affiliate signs up, he/she is given specific instructions on how to start the Amazon business. In return, you’ll be given specific instructions on how to market your business. It is a win-win situation, so go ahead and do what you are told to do.
* Get Access to the Free “ribe” Tool – You’ll receive free email reports on a weekly basis from Amazon regarding the latest Amazon trends and promotions. This is your chance to stay abreast of the most popular items on Amazon. Just sign up for their free email newsletter. You’ll also be given access to their handy tools such as the latest product search and the latest discounted price alerts. You’ll always know what’s hot on Amazon.
* Learn the Affiliate Marketing Process – There are actually many ways to make money online without being an affiliate. However, learning the affiliate marketing process first would help you have a clear roadmap in your mind. By having this, you won’t be lost when things get tricky with the affiliate marketing process. Instead of just throwing your effort into the business, you will be able to focus more on achieving your primary goal: To make money online.
* Choose the Right Products – One of the best ways to make money online is to choose the right products that have high demand. When choosing an affiliate product, always remember that you must target a specific audience. If you’re targeting middle-aged men, you might want to look for beauty products and gadgets that they may use to keep their personal grooming skills up. If you want to target only teenagers, laptops, music systems, or digital cameras would be fine. But whatever your niche is, you must find products that will match the needs of your market.
* Build Your Own List – To be successful with affiliate marketing Amazon, you’ll have to build your own list. This list can be made up of customers and prospective customers who have expressed interest by visiting your affiliate link. The Amazon affiliate network has different ways on how you can obtain your list so you can promote your affiliate links through your own website or blog.